Countdown To Surgery

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Staying Active

   The first two days of work went quite well and I feel great. I am really enjoying the workouts in the pool here at the hotel where I am staying. This morning I used their exercise facility and it is okay. It is better than walking outside right now. I went for a short cool down walk and it was anything but a cool down. It is very humid here this morning. I am in Colonial Heights, VA right outside Richmond. I thought I was going to be here a couple of weeks but now it looks like I will be here for about 5 or 6 weeks. This is good. The good solid income will come in very handy right now. I hope to get Melody to come out for a few days while I am here. It would be fun having her along.
   I actually got a pretty good workout this morning and I am sitting here sweating something fierce. I hope I can keep this up. It feels good to be treating my body properly for a change. It has been badly abused the last several years and I feel bad that I let myself go so badly. Of course, flying off a motorcycle at 55mph will have a tendency to cause several bad side effects. It was 3 years ago last Saturday that we had our wreck. I am still trying to recover from that wreck. More emotionally and mentally now than physically but there are still some things that are a result of that wreck. Like my right knee which just doesn't seem to want to get better. My left knee is doing pretty good but that right one is still being a nagging pain almost all of the time. I do think the pain is lessening at times and then it will flair up and sometimes I think it feels worse than ever. I am hesitant to get another cortisone shot as the last ones drove my blood sugar levels off the chart and I felt like a lethargic bag of crap for about a week afterwards. I will just keep trying to rehabilitate it and keep using the Ben Gay ointment. It does seem to help.
   The most remarkable thing for me though is how I feel. I feel great and seem to feel just a little better each day. It is truly wonderful what this surgery has done for me so far. I don't know how much weight I have lost right now. I don't have a scale with me but I can tell I have lost quite a bit more. My ring I wear on my right hand almost won't stay on. I have to be careful it doesn't just fall off. I started wearing my wedding band again a couple of weeks ago as I had not been able to even get it on for the last several years. At first it was very tight but wearable. Now it is even starting to get loose. I can slip it on easier each day it seems. I may have to get them resized before long. Little things that are going with my body make me very happy. For example, I can walk now without the inner parts of my thighs trying to rub themselves off each other. If I stand with my feet at normal width apart, my thighs just barely touch each other. It has been a very long time since that has occurred. I do need to start working the upper part of my body a bit more. Getting a bit flabby in places from the weight loss and I need to tighten as I lose. The swimming will help with that I think and I need to start using my bands more. They work the top part of my body more. I will do that when I get back from work this evening.
   Well, time to get ready for work. Time sure does go by quick when I am writing in my blog. I will be back in a couple of days. Have a great day everybody. Talk to you all soon, George.

No comments:

Post a Comment