Countdown To Surgery

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Phase III of Diet And Still Doing Great

  I am getting ready to head home for a few days and go for my next doctors visit. I am feeling really good. Still losing weight and exercising daily. I really love the swimming and hope to be able to keep it up in Brazil. Oh yes, did I mention, Saturday, I leave for 3 weeks in Brazil. I have 2 different jobs to go on down there and will hopefully have a pool at the hotels I will be staying at. If not, I guess walking will once again become my major regimen. Sunday I did manage a 10 mile bike ride followed by an hour of swimming laps and stretching in the pool and hottub. It is so nice to be getting healthy again. It has been too long. I really enjoyed the bike ride and hope to get another one in before I have to leave.
    My blood sugar levels have been marvelous and I can tell improvements in it all the time. Last several measurements have been in the 110 to 130 range and I feel great. No more insulin and the neuropathy is almost all gone in my feet, my toenails are returning normal and my legs look better than they have in almost 15 years. My blood pressure has been normal the last 3 times I checked it and I am sleeping soundly all night long. I wake up feeling totally rested. I never realized how badly I was sleeping before. So far I have lost around 55 lbs. My clothes no longer fit and I have started buying some smaller sized items to wear. I am back in XL shirts and L underwear. It is such a nice feeling to see what is going on with my body.
   I am anxious to see how I do flying on a long international trip this weekend. I have been so miserable the last few years even on short flights, now with the weight loss I am hoping the airline seats will be tolerable. I know they won't be comfortable but bearable would be great in my book. I have a long drive home starting this afternoon and am all packed and ready to go. I can't wait for the folks back home to see what I look like now. I have changed a lot in the 2.5 weeks I have been gone. Good eating habits and exercise really make a great difference and the fact that I don't have to take any medications is a real blessing. I am feeling great and feeling happy. Thanks to all who have supported my throughout this process and I hope I can help you in return. Have a great day everyone. George

No comments:

Post a Comment